Sunday, December 4, 2016

Recording: Deenzi

Artist: Deenzi

Song: [excerpt from first piece]

Recorded at The Tranzac's Southern Cross Lounge (416 Toronto Creative Improvisers Festival – Night 2), November 3, 2016.

Deenzi - [excerpt from first piece]

When I was asked to present a night at the 416 festival, I knew I wanted to present a range of different sounds. I think it was right after seeing her play an excellent modular synth solo set that I asked Heidi Chan to come perform, and when she said she wanted to do a Deenzi set with Andy Yue, and I was totally enthusiastic. There was a lot of ground covered in their set, from groovy diversions to electroacoustic drift. There's a core to the sound-word that the pair are exploring, but plenty of zones off to the edges to keep the developing picture really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment