Friday, September 22, 2017

Recording: Heraclitus Akimbo & Matthew Fava

Artist: Heraclitus Akimbo & Matthew Fava

Song: [last section]

Recorded at The Tranzac (Southern Cross Lounge), August 27, 2017.

Heraclitus Akimbo & Matthew Fava - [last section]

Invited to open things up for this restful evening's music, I called upon Matthew Fava for some collaborative activity. He brought some of the software recently seen on stage with Stargoon, and I was planning to accompany with some peaceful drones. After discovering the Tranzac's electricity didn't favour some of my gear, it was on to Plan B — swapping things around and seeing what noises I could make other than krssrrgkkkrghsrrrr. Running things through the slicing looper on my fancy new Count to 5 seemed to work, which is rendered here as something like a broken Simon Says arguing with itself. Turned out to be a bit more abrasive than I was planning to get the room ready for an ensemble called "A Quiet Little Village", but sometimes you just have to roll with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment